Ahh Valentines Day is Tomorrow! So much love to give around not just to your significant other (if you have one) but also to YOURSELF… We got to remember that showing us self love is so import, especially in the world we are living with so much hatred.
Growing up no matter how much my body looked like the ones on tv or on models there was a little voice in my head that said that body image I saw in the mirror was not enough.It wasn’t until college when I started to show myself a little more self love and embrace the body I have. It took lots of courage and practice to be comfortable but even till this day there’s days when I have self doubt.. Like everything in life there’s good days and bad days but its up to come up from those negative feelings.
I’ve read a couple of articles on what other do to help themselves show a little self love and jotted down some notes. I’m going to share ten things I do to remind me to love myself. This list is compiled of things I already did and new things I red on these articles. I hope that this list helps some of y ‘all have a little more self love.
My Self Love List-
- Smile Everyday – a smile brightens up the day. It makes you think positively about what ever is going on with yourself. Besides making your day better a smile brightens the person that looks at you.
- Forgive yourself & others – This is a hard one. There’s people that only want to do bad things to you or that do one big bad thing and you ask yourself how can you ever forgive that person. Find it in your heart to make piece with that person and what ever they did. Holding grudges 99% of the time is only affecting you and the way you live your life.
- Acknowledge your triumphs – No matter how little it is always celebrate your accomplishments. Its ok to pat yourself on the back and feel proud for what ever that you did that makes you happy
- Set Goals – There’s nothing better than celebrating every time you accomplish a goal. Coming up with a list of goals is also a great way to keep yourself in check and start checking things off feels amazing.
- Say NO – Oh how hard is this one for me.. I love to please people and even when I don’t want to do something I think of them and how it would hurt them if I say no.. There’s nothing wrong when you cant or don’t want to do something, its part of who you are. You don’t always have to like what they do or what they say.
- Go easy on yourself – When you feel like you have failed at something or didn’t accomplish it during the time you wanted, its ok. Life gets in the way and not always do you have to be a winner, failure teaches how to do it better next time or maybe it wasn’t the thing for you. If it didn’t work out then pick yourself up and tell yourself “its ok”
- Take care of yourself – If you don’t already start involving healthy habits in your life. Maybe choosing better/ healthier foods 60% of the time. Maybe you know you need to be a little more active, start by doing some light work outs. Another thing you can do is do stuff that makes you feel great about yourself. If you feel like getting your make up done, look for some one, go get it done and take billions of selfies. I had the pleasure of collaborating with MakeUp by Juan and he does an amazing job when it come to glamming your face up! I felt like a million bucks (if you want to see the make up follow MakeUp by Juan on Insta, also theres more pics on my insta.
- Be grateful – There’s nothing better in life than being grateful for what your have. If you are happy with what you have than nothing can dull your life. You’ll find the little things in your life mesmerizing!
- Compliment yourself – This is my favorite one. Look yourself in the mirror and compliment yourself. If you like your outfit than tell yourself that, if your make-up is on point than girl smile at yourself in the mirror, if you simply feel like a bad ass then tell yourself that! Or write positive sticky notes in your mirror so every morning you start your day positively.
- Me time – WE ALL NEED THIS…Just like we love to go out with family or friends, we also need to learn how to have alone time. This is the prime time to learn about ourselves. Plan a lunch date with yourself, while you wait for food jot down notes of things coming to your mind. Ask yourself what your are feeling or how certain situations make you feel.
I hope this list helps some of y’all with finding that self love we all deserve.. One big thing I find myself doing that I put a stop to is comparing my self to others. You are unique, your feelings are unique, your body is unique so live your life and be happy with what you got!
We can’t make a Valentines day post without giving y’all some outfit inspiration. This look is so festive and comfy! You can dress it up like I did and go out to dinner with your yourself, some friends or significant other. All you have to do is add some heeled boots, some cute earrings, a chic purse and you are out the door. You can also dress it down to a more causal setting. Just switch the heels for some sneakers, let your hair down and accessories with a book bag purse. My favorite part about this outfit where the pants. They have slits at the bottom of the pants leg. It gives it more character to an everyday style. You think they are just pants but as soon as you start walking there is more movement to the pants and you can stretch that leg out for pictures and surprise everyone. It’s a simple design but give it a sexy feel with those slits. The sweater is such a beautiful color and the detail in the elbows is such a nice touch. The hearts on the elbow mimics the patches on sports coat. The color combination of red and gray is such an airy look. Very clean, bright and goes well together. Both items can be found at Kohl’s, which is perfect for those last minute outfit shoppers 🙂
Well Gals I hope you guys enjoy your Valentines day and that it is filled with lots of love. If you try my self love list, let me know below which ones worked for you!